Hayward, California (EastBayDaily) — Airport Home Appliance, a Bay Area appliance specialist, knows that purchasing a new refrigerator can be a tough decision with so many options available. To help buyers find the right refrigerator, Airport Home Appliance has compiled a list of handy tips about the different styles of refrigerators, including features, design, and positioning, so that buyers can research their options before purchasing.
1) According to Airport Home Appliance, the Top Freezer Refrigerator is the most traditional refrigerator style. It features a smaller freezer section on top and a much larger refrigeration section below. Many come built with an icemaker or can have one easily added. With a Top Freezer Refrigerator, buyers should keep in mind which direction, right or left, they’d like to have the doors open—an important consideration for kitchen space.
2) For buyers that need larger refrigerator capacity, and also want an ice and water dispenser, the Side-by-Side Refrigerator could be the right option. Unlike the Top Freezer Refrigerator, this style has a freezer that is vertical along the refrigeration section, giving an eye level view of both the freezer and refrigerator. If kitchen space is an issue, the narrow doors of a Side-by-Side Refrigerator can accommodate many kitchen layouts.
3) The French Door and Bottom Freezer model offers both large capacity and a stylish look. This style features French Doors for the top area of the refrigeration section. The freezer is located below as a single drawer, offering plenty of space for frozen goods. If you’re looking for a popular model, Airport Home Appliance has found that the GE Profileâ¢ ENERGY STAR® 28.6 Cu. Ft. French-Door Ice & Water Refrigerator has been a favorite among its customers because of features like its stainless steel doors with hidden hinges and advanced filtration system, along with its performance and appearance.
4) Built-in Refrigerators are the largest models and are built into the surrounding cabinets of the kitchen. A variety of finishes and cases are available, and these refrigerators can be integrated into kitchen cabinets by adding matching panels. If you’re thinking of purchasing a Built-In Refrigerator, Airport Home Appliance recommends speaking with a sales representative for help with sizing and implementation.
5) All-Refrigerators and All-Freezers mean that the entire column of the unit is dedicated to the refrigeration or freezer section. As such, the refrigerator and freezer units are unattached and can be placed side-by-side or be separated by another built-in appliance. If you are considering this option, Airport Home Appliance provides stand-alone options that don’t have to be built into kitchen cabinetry.
6) A Counter Depth Refrigerator gives the look of a built-in refrigerator at an affordable price thanks to a flush fitment for your cabinetry. This style has a 23 5/8” depth, which is shallower than standard freestanding refrigerators. A standard depth for a Side-by-Side Refrigerator and a French Door Refrigerator is 28” deep. A Counter Depth Refrigerator also provides less capacity than standard depth refrigerators.
Finding the refrigerator with the right style and features will depend on your preferences, kitchen layout, and budget. This weekend, Airport Home Appliance will be holding its End of Summer Clearance Sale with deals for a wide range of appliances, including many of the refrigerator styles mentioned earlier. Stop by any of their three locations in the Bay Area to find hundreds of appliances on sale.
About Airport Home Appliance Airport Home Appliance is an authorized retailer of 80 brands of top-name appliances—more than any other store of its kind in the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition to appliances, they carry faucets and sinks in their San Francisco Bay Area showroom. All retail locations are Diamond Certified, meaning they have earned the highest marks in customer service and consumer satisfaction.
In addition to GE products, Airport Appliance sells Frigidaire washing machines and Whirlpool washing machines in the San Francisco Bay Area. Airport Home Appliance currently has dryers on sale, refrigerators on sale, washing machines on sale, and stoves on sale at their locations in the East Bay (Hayward), the Peninsula (Redwood City), and San Jose.
Airport Home Appliance