Mountain View, California (EastBayDaily) — Today’s bride is throwing off the yoke of the traditional wedding in favor of incorporating fun and unique elements. Whether it is through the choice of bridal accessories, or by planning a memorable theme wedding, the trend is putting individuality on display.
Beau-coup is a leading retailer in the wedding supplies and favors industry. The company’s mission is to providing favors, gifts, and supplies for brides planning an exceptional wedding. Here are 10 wedding trends summer brides will love, from Beau-coup.
1. Honor the Environment There are many ways to minimize the impact a wedding has on the environment, and we are seeing more and more creative ideas from socially conscious couples. One popular trend is cost sharing with other couples. Cost sharing is a relatively new concept where a couple arranges to share rental equipment and sometimes decorations with another couple getting married at the same venue on the same day, at a different time of day.
Another way to minimize the carbon footprint of a wedding is by using recycled or recyclable materials wherever possible. To help reduce environmental impact, many wedding vendors now offer a variety of eco-friendly products including biodegradable confetti, recycled wrapping paper, and plant favors. Couples are also donating uneaten food and unused supplies to local charities.
2. Pretty, Playful Palettes The 2012 Pantone color of the year is Tangerine Tango, a bold shade of orange. Currently, Tangerine Tango is appearing on runways and in magazines along with fuchsias, deep yellows, and navy blues. Couples are incorporating these bold colors, and shiny metallic accents into their decorations. They are opting for striking decorative touches, such as reverse color wedding invitations with white or black font printed on colorful cardstock.
3. Delicate and Daring Dresses Designers started incorporating bright pops of color into traditional white dresses a few years ago with brilliantly colored sashes, or bodices and trains trimmed with colorful embellishments. Today, designers are experimenting with colored wedding gowns. Solid pink dresses and pastel dresses are popular, appearing on many spring and summer runways this year.
4. Brighten Up Your Beauty Routine There are two simple ways to accomplish a dramatic look without changing the bride’s signature style. Adding a bright color to a more traditional smoky eye or swiping on a bold lip color will do the trick. With colorful makeup, balance is key – do one or the other to avoid an over-the-top look. Another beauty secret for amplifying eyes and adding youthful drama to bridal makeup is eyelash extensions. The lashes are glued on hair by hair, giving a more natural look.
5. Let Your Hair Down, Literally Brides are saving the money they would have spent on bobby pins and hair spray, and investing in fun, flirty accessories instead. Hot accessories include attention-getting headpieces and feather accents in place of traditional veils. For a more edgy look, brides are experimenting with Ombre hairstyles currently popular with celebrities, where the roots and tips of the hair are two different colors that blend where they meet.
6. Fill Up on Your Favorite Foods Reception catering is getting much more personal. Food trucks and quirky caterers are appearing more at wedding receptions as couples opt for familiar comfort food over formal dining. From family-style potluck affairs to food truck fiestas, couples are having fun feeding their guests and opting for menus based on a preferred cuisine, a local favorite, or a special memory.
7. Showcase the Sweets Many couples are incorporating desserts into the wedding décor, with custom-designed cupcakes, candies, and other sweets chosen to fit with the wedding’s theme. By organizing desserts according to color and style, the dessert table is rapidly becoming the sweetest part of wedding decorations. Traditional wedding cakes have also been upgraded and feature gourmet flavor combinations, and intricate designs that are almost too pretty to eat.
8. Simple and Sophisticated Wedding spending is on the rise again, with the average cost of a wedding in the United States reaching $27,000 this spring. Many couples are finding creative ways to prevent the budget from ballooning. Casual or formal, rustic country weddings where the setting needs no fuss or fanfare are a favorite with summer brides.
9. Focus on Fun Favors Couples are choosing fun and meaningful favors over more traditional candies and bubble favors. From personalized mix CDs for music lovers, to a homemade steak rub for culinary couples, to baked goods in mason jars for bakers, favors are taking on a whole new flavor. Another popular trend in favors is renting a photo booth for the reception and letting guests take home a snapshot as a memento.
10. Personality on Parade Couples are celebrating the big day in their own special ways by incorporating their personalities into the ceremony and reception. Whether the inspiration is the year’s hottest movie, a shared hobby, or a favorite time period, we are seeing more couples plan theme weddings as a way to show off their personal interests and style.
Visit http://www.beau-coup.com for more wedding ideas, and unique favors and wedding supplies.
About Beau-coup Beau-coup is an innovative and leading retailer in the online party favors, gifts and supplies industry. Founded in 2002, Beau-coup's mission is to offer an unmatched selection of unique and quality products to help celebrate all of life's special occasions. Beau-coup has been featured in a variety of leading publications including Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, and InStyle Magazine.