Walnut Creek, California (EastBayDaily) — What Employers Can Do to Prepare for Obamacare
"Despite the delays and talk about defunding it on a congressional level, Obamacare is coming and employers must prepare for it," attorney Kaya Bromley said. "Now is the time to plan and position your company for success under the new rules."
Bromley, a recognized business strategist and founder of Your Obamacare Advisors, will launch a new website designed to help employers understand and prepare for the major changes in health insurance law that begin in October. The site, reTHINKING Obamacare, draws on Bromley's 11 years of experience practicing law and as General Counsel for Marco’s Pizza and as the Executive Director of the National Jack-in-the-Box Franchisee Association.
According to Bromley, employers should do these five things to make sure they are ready for Obamacare:
1. Devise a Strategic Plan and an Implementation Plan. Get buy-in from your team and make sure you know who is responsible for executing the plan.
2. Find the right advisors. All advisors are not created equal. Find professionals who have studied the law and are aware of best practices.
3. Educate yourself and your employees. The law is confusing and it is changing frequently. Be sure that your organization is equipped with the most up-to-date information. Share best practices with other business owners.
4. Begin communicating with your employees about what is ahead. If you are going to change policies (i.e. become a part-time employer) be sure to consult with an employment attorney or HR specialist so you can avoid creating liability for yourself.
5. Start brainstorming and planning with your insurance broker on pricing and planning strategies.
"To assist employers who feel uncertain about what will happen to them and their companies this year and next," Bromley said, "I've put up a new website that speaks to those issues that directly impact business."
To visit the new site and learn about how to prepare for Obamacare, see http://www.rethinkingobamacare.com.